Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > frustration with product activation,

frustration with product activation,

saylo1234@yahoo.com

Hi everyone:

I just had a frustrating experience with my software program,
DragonNaturallySpeaking.

The package and the instructions say that I can have it installed
on more than one computer.

The advertisement for the software also states the same thing.

However, when I tried to install it on my second computer, I was
not able to do it. This is because I had already activated on my first
computer, so a second activation was not allowed.

I am not a pirate, nor am I trying to get something that is above
and beond the End User Agreement.

At first, I tried send an email to technical support. However,
the company "ScanSoft" wanted to charge me $9.00 for emailing Tech
support.

I just spent $200 on their software, and they want me to spend
$9.00 for technical support? That is just ridiculous. My blood is
boiling!

Anyways, I was able to find a different email address for
customer support (non-technical).

I don't know how long it will take them to get back to me.

All I know is that Scansoft is a very **** poor company when it
comes to product support.

The communication channels are very limited. It is just not a
good experience.

I have already invested $200. I will not be buying another
product from them. I am angry about it.

I hope they can resolve my issue--an issue that should not have
been there in the first place, because it is stated on their End User
Agreement that I am allowed to have the product installed on more than
two computers.

I just wanted to vent. I want to SHOUT! I am feeling
frustrated!!!

signed: Frustrated.

By the way, ScanSoft has changed their name to Nuance. Ironic isn't
it? It is a real Nusance to deal with them. They are a terrible
company with whom to do business. I hated the whole experience.

Terrible.

Duane Arnold

I don't think you have a Tech. Support issue. You have a problem with the
second activation of the product. You should be able to call the sales
staff if possible and indicate you have an activation issue because their
activation process indicates that you have used two activations and is
blocking the second one. You should find another number other than Tech
Support and give it a try.

It cannot hurt.

Duane

bmoag

Wait until Norton Antivirus trashes your entire operating system and then
you will know what frustration and total non-support can be like.

tehball

bmoag wrote:
> Wait until Norton Antivirus trashes your entire operating system and then
> you will know what frustration and total non-support can be like.

Sure it's Norton that trashed your OS.

Couldn't be poor surfing habits, porn surfing, shadey program
downloading, cutting programs in and out, not performing system
maintenance and general lack of user knowledge.

It's all about Norton.... Yeah right!

Travis

You purchased a single-user lisense that only works with 1 person, legally.
There are ways around that, but you should just perchase a second lisence
for it.

Or if you have LimeWire, then serach it on LimeWire

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi everyone:
>
> I just had a frustrating experience with my software program,
> DragonNaturallySpeaking.
>
> The package and the instructions say that I can have it installed
> on more than one computer.
>
> The advertisement for the software also states the same thing.
>
> However, when I tried to install it on my second computer, I was
> not able to do it. This is because I had already activated on my first
> computer, so a second activation was not allowed.
>
> I am not a pirate, nor am I trying to get something that is above
> and beond the End User Agreement.
>
> At first, I tried send an email to technical support. However,
> the company "ScanSoft" wanted to charge me $9.00 for emailing Tech
> support.
>
> I just spent $200 on their software, and they want me to spend
> $9.00 for technical support? That is just ridiculous. My blood is
> boiling!
>
> Anyways, I was able to find a different email address for
> customer support (non-technical).
>
> I don't know how long it will take them to get back to me.
>
> All I know is that Scansoft is a very **** poor company when it
> comes to product support.
>
> The communication channels are very limited. It is just not a
> good experience.
>
> I have already invested $200. I will not be buying another
> product from them. I am angry about it.
>
> I hope they can resolve my issue--an issue that should not have
> been there in the first place, because it is stated on their End User
> Agreement that I am allowed to have the product installed on more than
> two computers.
>
> I just wanted to vent. I want to SHOUT! I am feeling
> frustrated!!!
>
> signed: Frustrated.
>

> By the way, ScanSoft has changed their name to Nuance. Ironic isn't
> it? It is a real Nusance to deal with them. They are a terrible
> company with whom to do business. I hated the whole experience.
>
> Terrible.

nos1eep

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:19:21 GMT, "Travis" <(E-Mail Removed)> chewed
somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

<You purchased a single-user lisense that only works with 1 person,
legally.
<There are ways around that, but you should just perchase a second
lisence
<for it.
<
<Or if you have LimeWire, then serach it on LimeWire

While your at it search for a spell checker.

*stalk*

<
<<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
<> Hi everyone:
<>
[...]
__

-nos1eep

John

I don't mean to rub salt into the wound, but you shouldn't have
bothered with a Voice Recognition program like Dragon. VR is still a
long way from being usable. I'm sure it was version 7 or 8 that I got
of Dragon and its completely useless. It's faster to just type that to
try and dictate or to convert a speech file. Even after a lot of
training it still gets 50% of the dictations wrong.

I'd say at least another 10 years minimum before Voice Recognition
technology for the consumer gets anywhere near acceptable in
performance.

John

nos1eep

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:46:22 +0000, John <(E-Mail Removed)> chewed
somnambulantly over a chucker-full cup of spasm and bleated:

<I don't mean to rub salt into the wound, but you shouldn't have
<bothered with a Voice Recognition program like Dragon. VR is still a
<long way from being usable. I'm sure it was version 7 or 8 that I got
<of Dragon and its completely useless. It's faster to just type that
<try and dictate or to convert a speech file. Even after a lot of
<training it still gets 50% of the dictations wrong.
<
<I'd say at least another 10 years minimum before Voice Recognition
<technology for the consumer gets anywhere near acceptable in
<performance.
<
<John
I do not mean to be rude, John, but what the **** are you babbling
about?
__

-nos1eep

Fastest way to compute dot product (inner product) in Ruby? theosib@gmail.com Ruby 4 11-02-2007 03:24 AM
Product Manager/ Sr. Product Manager padma C++ 0 10-03-2007 12:30 PM
OT:Friday Frustration CBIC MCSE 8 10-14-2005 07:37 PM
Filter Frustration Mark Adams Firefox 7 03-01-2005 05:06 AM
Frustration getting MELL support Sandy Wood Microsoft Certification 0 07-14-2004 10:25 PM

Advertisments