Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dark screen

Dark screen

Stephen DiPasquale

My daughter has a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop about three years old. The
screen is almost totally dark, you can see a faint image on it. Does this
mean the screen is shot or is a cost efficient repair possible? Any
knowledge of this problem is appreciated before I have to purchase a pre
Christmas present.

Kevin G. Torkelson

It sounds like the backlight is out. The backlight looks like a small
floresant tube. They can be changed. I used to do many of them.

Kevin

"Stephen DiPasquale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My daughter has a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop about three years old. The
> screen is almost totally dark, you can see a faint image on it. Does this
> mean the screen is shot or is a cost efficient repair possible? Any
> knowledge of this problem is appreciated before I have to purchase a pre
> Christmas present.

Plato

Stephen DiPasquale wrote:

> My daughter has a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop about three years old. The
> screen is almost totally dark, you can see a faint image on it. Does this
> mean the screen is shot or is a cost efficient repair possible? Any
> knowledge of this problem is appreciated before I have to purchase a pre
> Christmas present.

Probably repairable, but it may cost $250 plus.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Light on Dark screen for Spe or Pyscripter flebber Python 3 10-10-2010 11:47 PM
Dark screen p4o2 Computer Support 0 04-22-2008 02:17 AM
dark screen on HP Pavilion laptop lbrod@frontiernet.net Computer Support 3 02-19-2005 08:15 PM
dark-blank screen sergei mikaelian Computer Support 1 10-06-2003 11:44 PM
Notebook Screen goes dark Ruada Computer Support 4 06-25-2003 08:49 PM

Advertisments