Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > parallel port to usb

parallel port to usb

kev collins

Can anybody tell me if its possible to convert a pc with pararrel ports to
use exterior usb kit like cameras printers via a cable. Any help would be
gratefully received .k.collins{@blueyonder.co.uk

Robert Baer

kev collins wrote:

> Can anybody tell me if its possible to convert a pc with pararrel ports to
> use exterior usb kit like cameras printers via a cable. Any help would be
> gratefully received .k.collins{@blueyonder.co.uk

Chweck the converter that Jameco has; i do not remember the direction
(or preferred direction) of the conversion.

Brian

You can buy an add on pci card for adding USB ports. It works much better
than converting the parallel port. Check you local electronics store or
www.newegg.com