Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Black screen

Black screen

ToBeAnonymous@gmail.com

Starting a few days ago, after my computer displays the Windows XP
login screen comes up. I login, and it shows the background image for a
while (5 minutes maybe?) with nothing loading, and then all of a sudden
it starts loading and everything is good from there. This started
happening immediately after I put another hard drive into the computer.
I have an old broken TiVo, and I wanted a backup hard drive on this
computer, so hooked up the TiVo hard drive, but I hadn't formatted it
yet, because I wasn't planning on actually backing it up yet. So it
still had TiVo in it. With both hard drives in (the TiVo one set to
slave) I booted, got to the point after the Windows XP screen, and from
there I assumed my computer was broken, so I turned it off and removed
the TiVo hard drive. I am assuming the the TiVo hard drive is the
culprit here, but how do I get this fixed. My Windows XP CD got
scratched, so unfortunately I cannot reinstall, and I really would
rather not purchase a new one. Thanks for any help.

Brian

Does the computer still have the problem with the second drive removed?

If not you can just format the drive once you get in windows

If you still have a problem try doing a restore to before you added the
drive or run repair but you need an XP cd for that or the boot floppies (6)