Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > cpu fan problems

cpu fan problems

Nikki Smith

I havejust replaced my cpu fan after a message appeared on the startup
screen saying it wasn,t working.Now when I switch it on I still get the
message "Cpu fan not working switch off? Y/N".I have checked and its working
perfectly.The pc will not acknowledge my key presses and am unable to
proceed.Pressing reset just takes me back to the same place.Please can
someone advise?

nos1eep

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:43:05 +0000 (UTC), "Nikki Smith"
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the following drivel:

>I havejust replaced my cpu fan after a message appeared on the

startup
>screen saying it wasn,t working.Now when I switch it on I still get

the
>message "Cpu fan not working switch off? Y/N".I have checked and its

working
>perfectly.The pc will not acknowledge my key presses and am unable to
>proceed.Pressing reset just takes me back to the same place.Please

can
>someone advise?

The com lead from the fan is faulty, or the sensor on the motherboard
is inoperable. There may be an option in your BIOS that says "Halt on
all errors" if there is, disable it.
__

-nos1eep

Thermaltake ISGC Fan 12 120MM Fan Ian Front Page News 0 06-22-2009 01:28 PM
no boot - cpu fan starts then stops - mboard led on - no power supply fan danpearson@doubt.com Computer Support 3 12-30-2006 05:46 PM
cpu fan gorf Computer Support 1 01-19-2004 12:46 AM
Laptop CPU fan does not spin while in XP Jack B. Pollack Computer Support 11 01-07-2004 04:14 PM

Advertisments