Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Setting Anti-Virus to scan messenger received files

Setting Anti-Virus to scan messenger received files

John

Hello.

In MSN Messenger under Options and Messages, there is a section for
File transfers and where to store files received from others. Under
this bit there is the options to scan files using your anti-virus
program.

You need to select the location of the program. I know the location
but I am not sure on which application it is as there are a few.

I am in the following location:
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus

These are some of the files I can select:

Autodown.exe
Catfix.exe
CAV.exe
VetMsg.exe
iSafe.exe

How do I know which is the right one?

Thanks

John

Duane Arnold

John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6ocsm1tqh0ups935863eepm810ak7at83n@
4ax.com:

> Hello.
>
> In MSN Messenger under Options and Messages, there is a section for
> File transfers and where to store files received from others. Under
> this bit there is the options to scan files using your anti-virus
> program.
>
> You need to select the location of the program. I know the location
> but I am not sure on which application it is as there are a few.
>
> I am in the following location:
> C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus
>
> These are some of the files I can select:
>
> Autodown.exe
> Catfix.exe
> CAV.exe
> VetMsg.exe
> iSafe.exe
>
> How do I know which is the right one?

The software has documentation and it has support via email. You should
read the documentation or contact the software's support staff or you may
find your answer using Google. They may even have a NG for the software
most do and again use Google to find the NG if it exist or even try an AV
NG.

Duane

John

Thanks Duane! I managed to get the info now. It is just the CAV.exe
file which is the main program for scanning files.

John