Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Paragon Drive Backup 2004 recovery problem

Paragon Drive Backup 2004 recovery problem

Les Hewitt

I recently tried to restore the primary (and only) partition on my second
hard disk. I'd made a backup using Paragon Drive Backup 2004. The image
spanned 8 DVDs.

When I ran the program it read the first DVD and then, with about 1 hour 50
minutes left on the overall progress meter, it said it wanted to restart the
PC to complete the operation. Hmmm. I supposed it was fair enough. It did
seem to know that it had more restoring to do, so I hit the OK button for
the restart. Not surprisingly it restarted the PC.

What it didn't do however was ask for the next DVD in the series, which was
a bit of a surprise and a disappointment to me. It seemed pretty sure it had
finished the job. Trouble is, it only replaced about 35 GB (that must've
been compressed to **** on the DVD if it's true) and I'm left to wonder what
the bloody hell the other 7 DVDs are for, and why it doesn't seem to want
any truck with them. :-S

Many of the "recovered" files are corrupt (waves and JPEGs in particular)
and therefore unusable.

Can anyone who's used the program please help me out of this tricky
situation?