Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > safe mode

safe mode

therebel

my desktop is booting up in safe mode. how do I revert it to normal? running
XP pro. the rebel

JD

therebel wrote:
> my desktop is booting up in safe mode. how do I revert it to normal? running
> XP pro. the rebel

Pres F8 when it is booting up and select normal

therebel

done that, not made any difference. I assume it is in safe mode as I have
basic operations running, my task bar is grey and I have no sound.

"JD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:434ac280$0$21381$(E-Mail Removed)...
> therebel wrote:
> > my desktop is booting up in safe mode. how do I revert it to normal?

running
> > XP pro. the rebel
> >

> Pres F8 when it is booting up and select normal

dvm@mtangel.net

try start/run msconfig
select the 'boot.ini' tab
check to see if '/safeboot' is checked. uncheck if checked. then
reboot.

are you getting any error messages when you boot?

hth
dennis

Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 2 09-23-2005 07:39 PM
Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 0 09-23-2005 04:50 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments