Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Help Can't access Internet facilities

Help Can't access Internet facilities

n@talie

Hope someone can help me Im going demented.

I have a new laptop at work it has a proxy server setting.
At home I set it to

Automatically detect settings and I remove the proxy setting.

This is allows me to browse and use email using my wireless broadband
connection.

Its a good speed, however I can not use any software that requires a
connection to the internet.

eg. Itunes music store, gracenote, avantgo can not be accessed.

I have looked at everthing what am I missing.#

I have removed my firewall and have run out of ideas.

Kind Regards

natalie

Brian

make sure you use direct connect to internet not lan setup as it seems you
may have with a work computer. Cant really tell with the info given but it
sounds like that may be your problem...what message do you get when you say
you cant access those programs?

Test facilities Ton Plooy Cisco 0 05-23-2005 08:09 AM
School internet facilities KiwiBrian NZ Computing 5 08-26-2004 06:55 AM
Facilities Support Assistant Netdesk MCSE 26 08-16-2004 06:40 PM
New XML facilities for VB6 David L XML 0 12-22-2003 05:48 AM
JCreator Pro 2.5 Build 8 and Debugger facilities Guy Van Rinsveld Java 0 08-03-2003 05:21 PM

Advertisments