Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Power supply?

Power supply?

Kevin M

I did check the wall outlet for power. The Power supply appears to be ATX,
however, I understand that Dell uses some proprietary power supplies that
look similar to ATX but are actually different.
"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43411536$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Cyrus®" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > PC is dead! No power at all.

>> Conclusion
>>
>> 1. Check your Wall outlet to see if it has POWER.
>> 2. Check this web site to find out what kind of power supply your PC
>> has.(
>> It seems AT style Power supply )
>> http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup...erboard-c.html
>> 3. purchase new power supply and replace it with dead one, then your PC

> will
>> become alive again.
>>
>> With Best Wishes
>> Cyrus®
>>

> A PSU wont normally go immediately, did you investigate that it might be
> motherboard?

Cyrus®

Now for your DELL PC , please do not use after market ( Colon ATX P/S ) it
will distroy your MOBO.

Cyrus®