Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Microphone Muted........

Microphone Muted........

Gweltek

A silly problem that someone out there can easily fix. I last used a
microphone about 15 months ago. I then switched it OFF but left it
attached to the computer. I now need to use it again but cannot
remember or find the dialogue box where I switched it off. 'Help' in
Windows ME is of no use whatsoever. The Sound Wizard tells me it
cannot detect my voice and I should switch the microphone ON but does
not push me in any direction. I thought Volume Controls might have
been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
Help.
Roland

HF

Have a look in Contro panel at Sounds and Multi media.Look at the audio tab
the Advanced button for the mic.You should have unplugged it but then you
might have lost it!?

"Gweltek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A silly problem that someone out there can easily fix. I last used a
> microphone about 15 months ago. I then switched it OFF but left it
> attached to the computer. I now need to use it again but cannot
> remember or find the dialogue box where I switched it off. 'Help' in
> Windows ME is of no use whatsoever. The Sound Wizard tells me it
> cannot detect my voice and I should switch the microphone ON but does
> not push me in any direction. I thought Volume Controls might have
> been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
> Help.
> Roland

bambam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gweltek) wrote in news:433d6666.12311124
@news.freeserve.com:

> A silly problem that someone out there can easily fix. I last used a
> microphone about 15 months ago. I then switched it OFF but left it
> attached to the computer. I now need to use it again but cannot
> remember or find the dialogue box where I switched it off. 'Help' in
> Windows ME is of no use whatsoever. The Sound Wizard tells me it
> cannot detect my voice and I should switch the microphone ON but does
> not push me in any direction. I thought Volume Controls might have
> been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
> Help.
> Roland

When you are in "Volume Controls" select options/properties, is microphone
listed?

Gweltek

On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:52:00 GMT, bambam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Gweltek) wrote in news:433d6666.12311124
>@news.freeserve.com:
>
>> A silly problem that someone out there can easily fix. I last used a
>> microphone about 15 months ago. I then switched it OFF but left it
>> attached to the computer. I now need to use it again but cannot
>> remember or find the dialogue box where I switched it off. 'Help' in
>> Windows ME is of no use whatsoever. The Sound Wizard tells me it
>> cannot detect my voice and I should switch the microphone ON but does
>> not push me in any direction. I thought Volume Controls might have
>> been the appropriate box but there is no entry for a microphone.
>> Help.
>> Roland

>When you are in "Volume Controls" select options/properties, is microphone
>listed?

Thanks bambam .... that did the trick
Roland

AC97 sound issue- worked fine now Microphone fader does not control microphone level joewo Computer Support 0 02-07-2007 02:46 AM
microphone Karen Microsoft Certification 3 08-10-2004 10:40 PM
installing a headphone microphone set Microsoft Certification 0 04-05-2004 02:46 PM
record from microphone Java 2 12-20-2003 04:54 AM
Java Web Start - Microphone access Joel Java 3 12-11-2003 04:24 AM

Advertisments