Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Used vs New Notebook Computer

Used vs New Notebook Computer

Edge

I need a notebook computer for email, web browsing, word processing and
audio cd ripping. 1 GHz P3 and early P4 notebooks go for about $ 400, while
a Dell Pentium M 725 is about $ 600 without serial or parallel ports. For
the apps I am running would there be a significant performance difference?
Any other issues to consider.

TIA

JANA

There will be a significant performance difference for sure. As for the
requirement of serial and parallel ports with the new computer, you can get
PCM cards for that. If the computer is running XP, this will not be very
complicated to get going.

--

JANA
_____