Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Best bang for ya buck ?

Best bang for ya buck ?

lessani@gmail.com

So, my cousin is going to uni, and he's going to need his own pc. So
I've been given the challenge to try and build a decent spec PC for as
cheap as possible.

I managed to come up with this...

http://www.gamesoc.net/tempfiles/paul.htm

(if any spaces appear in the above url, just delete them. google groups
seems to have issues posting urls for me)

My question is, do you guys think you can build up any cheaper systems
for me, with the same/higher specs. I think the PC from DABs is top
notch, and for a good price.

its just for a general power pc. yeh, i went for futureproofing to some
extent. the board supports 64bit, dual core chips. the chipset has
excellent reviews for overclockability. its got PCI-E - and its the
only motherboard that is certified that CAN ACTUALLY use all 16
pipelines (although im not buying a gfx card that expensive).

i know i can make an alright pc for about 300, but it wont be worth
it for when Vista comes out. he'll only have to upgrade again. and i
doubt there will be much this pc can handle