Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > tough task

tough task

Dicky

I'm not sure this is the correct group to post to but I am planning to put
all of our training aids onto a separate server at work so they can be
accessed and viewed from user's desktops. They are on a separate desktop now
that people have to come to to view. There are videos, powerpoints, and a
few exe.s that run a test after viewing then deposit the data into an access
database. I am thinking if I run this on a separate server, I can lock it
down tight and use the logon to allow read and execute to the files only. I
am planning to use a browser window linked to our webpage to display the
menu of links to the videos and courses. I have some VB and Java programming
experience but am kindof rusty and unsure about how i should proceed. Any
advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks are any
knowledge you can share.

Duane Arnold

"Dicky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:_LMUe.2420$(E-Mail Removed) :

> I'm not sure this is the correct group to post to but I am planning to
> put all of our training aids onto a separate server at work so they
> can be accessed and viewed from user's desktops. They are on a
> separate desktop now that people have to come to to view. There are
> videos, powerpoints, and a few exe.s that run a test after viewing
> then deposit the data into an access database. I am thinking if I run
> this on a separate server, I can lock it down tight and use the logon
> to allow read and execute to the files only. I am planning to use a
> browser window linked to our webpage to display the menu of links to
> the videos and courses. I have some VB and Java programming experience
> but am kindof rusty and unsure about how i should proceed. Any advice
> or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks are any
> knowledge you can share.

What? Get one of thoses books for Dummies and then ask one of your WEB
people at work to help you out.

Duane

Dicky

Very knowledgeable. Thanks for the input.