Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Block UDP on Port 514

Block UDP on Port 514

gchan5

I am responsible for a Cisco router 7200 and we need to block UDP on
port 514 on the ISP connection. I kind of have an idea with the access
list, but I am not very sure how to do this.

Any help would be appericated. If you can send me and article or manual
explaining the process.

Thanks for your help....Gordon

AAA

access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT deny udp (who you do not like) (mask
you hate) (what you 'd like to keep safe) (netmask you've got your precious
thing) eq 514
access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT permit ip any any

then, an daqccess-group in the interface guilty to let the bad traff going
through.

So, this is for PIX. On a router, you've got to kinda revert the netmask.

RTFM

AA

"gchan5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am responsible for a Cisco router 7200 and we need to block UDP on
> port 514 on the ISP connection. I kind of have an idea with the access
> list, but I am not very sure how to do this.
>
> Any help would be appericated. If you can send me and article or manual
> explaining the process.
>
> Thanks for your help....Gordon

Luc

gchan5 wrote:
> I am responsible for a Cisco router 7200 and we need to block UDP on
> port 514 on the ISP connection. I kind of have an idea with the access
> list, but I am not very sure how to do this.
>
> Any help would be appericated. If you can send me and article or manual
> explaining the process.
>
> Thanks for your help....Gordon

more positive :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...a.shtml#topic1

Regards,
Luc

--
Luc

gchan5

Luc,

I would like to thank you, this article helped me very much!

Gordon

Chris

"AAA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT deny udp (who you do not like)
> (mask you hate) (what you 'd like to keep safe) (netmask you've got your
> precious thing) eq 514
> access-list read-the manual-or-stop-IT permit ip any any
>
> then, an daqccess-group in the interface guilty to let the bad traff going
> through.
>
> So, this is for PIX. On a router, you've got to kinda revert the netmask.
>
> RTFM
>
> AA

That's the strangest reply I've ever seen!