Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Upgrade front USB 1.1 port to 2.0

Upgrade front USB 1.1 port to 2.0

Some One

Hi, group:

I got an old 4400, which comes with 4 USB 1.1 ports: 2 at back
and 2 at front. Now I got a USB 2.0 PCI card with 1 internal
connector. I wonder if I can reconnect the wires so that at least
one of the front USB port becomes a 2.0 port.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

LULU

Would this be of assistance to you?

Lulu : )

http://www.directron.com/installusb.html

"Some One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1125876937.5b16300b61a3f4bef0f6ee6a01d8d098@t eranews...
> Hi, group:
>
> I got an old 4400, which comes with 4 USB 1.1 ports: 2 at back
> and 2 at front. Now I got a USB 2.0 PCI card with 1 internal
> connector. I wonder if I can reconnect the wires so that at least
> one of the front USB port becomes a 2.0 port.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Thanks.

Some One

Thanks, Lulu.

The page does present very detailed information. However, I
learned in the Dell group that Dell uses its own wiring design.
So I decide to give up my original plan. I'll use an extension
cable for now, later I may go with a header unit.

Thanks again for the help.

Some One