Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > computer recording suggestions . . .

computer recording suggestions . . .

LULU

I'm a beginner trying to set up a basic recording studio in my home
utilizing an older computer that is available. The computer is a Compaq
with a 450MHz processor, a 19GB drive and 384 megs of RAM running Windows 98
(maybe SE?). It has two USB ports and at least one (removing the modem
might add another) PCI slot open and a Plextor CD burner. I believe that
the soundcard is integrated on the motherboard. Not really sure. It would
seem that the basics are in place.

Here's a computer spec sheet that I found online:
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc52/52088.htm

Suggestions on what type of audio interface or soundcard, etc. to use. A
lot of the stuff that I see on websites is Firewire or warrants a faster CPU
or more updated OS version. Any and all comments and input are appreciated!

Thanks,
Lulu

P. S. Good websites recommendations are also welcome!