Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dell computer problem

Dell computer problem

gerry gardiner

I recently bought a Dell desktop computer at an electronics fair in PA. The
model is an Optiplex SX 260. All I knew about it was it was supposed to work
and the price was right. Replacing my HP tower with the new one, I first
find that the seller had not formatted it, it needed a password and
apparently this computer didn't come with a recovery disc like my HP did.
Working with Dell support, (and he spoke english!) I found that they didn't
have a windows set for 2000 or XP for this. I looked on E-bay and the
sellers for Dell recovery sets say I need a COA code. Now I find that isn't
on this damn thing either!!!. Am I up the creek or not?
Any help is appreciated,
Gerry

Plato

gerry gardiner wrote:

Purchase the OS you want to install on the pc and proceed. XP can be
bought in most office supply/tech stores and/or win98 can be bought on
the internet.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

gerry gardiner

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message >
> Purchase the OS you want to install on the pc and proceed. XP can be
> bought in most office supply/tech stores and/or win98 can be bought on
> the internet.

Thanks,
I thought it would ask for the COA code, a code I didn't get with my
"bargain".
Sincerely,
Gerry