Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with playing DVD

Problem with playing DVD

Jay

Hi,
I am trying to play DVD on my computer but I get the following message:

Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing
the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen
resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the
DVD Troubleshooter.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Jay

Jay wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to play DVD on my computer but I get the following message:
>
> Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing
> the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen
> resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the
> DVD Troubleshooter.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

try lower you screen resolution, 800x600 32 bit, depending of your video
card

Jay

I tried with the screen resolution but it didn't work.
Any other suggestions?!

Thanks,
Jay

"x" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n4QPe.3172$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jay wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to play DVD on my computer but I get the following message:
>>
>> Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try
>> decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing
>> the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information
>> to access the DVD Troubleshooter.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay
>>

> try lower you screen resolution, 800x600 32 bit, depending of your video
> card

bambam

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:CMOPe.1912$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi,
> I am trying to play DVD on my computer but I get the following
> message:
>
> Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try
> decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or
> decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More
> Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Try Media Player Classic-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

Chuck

Does your computer have administrative rights activated? If so have you
tried playing a DVD which installs software?
Chuck

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CMOPe.1912$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I am trying to play DVD on my computer but I get the following message:
>
> Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing
> the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen
> resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the
> DVD Troubleshooter.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay

Jay

Thank you! I downloaded Media Player Classic from the website you mentioned
below and it worked.

Jay

news:Xns96C0915FD9AD997hk66302sneakemailc@127.0.0. 1...

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:25:06 -0400, Jay wrote:

> Thank you! I downloaded Media Player Classic from the website you
> mentioned below and it worked.

You're welcome Jay.
Add the following page to your bookmarks (favourites), and whenever you
are looking for new software to try, have a look here first-

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

What is Pricelessware?

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/about2005PL.php

Jay