Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > computer problem

computer problem

VietNam Vet

I have a computer that takes 3 min. to load everything up and when I try to
open a program it takes a couple of min. also to open.I see the hour glass
working.
I also have problem with my outlook express.
When I try to send e-mail a box pops up saying that my users name or
password wrong .I know for sure my users name and password is right. IE is
OK and able to go on the Internet O.K..
Anybody out here, know what is causing these problems?
Thanks for the help

VietNam Vet wrote:
> I have a computer that takes 3 min. to load everything up and when I try to
> open a program it takes a couple of min. also to open.I see the hour glass
> working.
> I also have problem with my outlook express.
> When I try to send e-mail a box pops up saying that my users name or
> password wrong .I know for sure my users name and password is right. IE is
> OK and able to go on the Internet O.K..
> Anybody out here, know what is causing these problems?
> Thanks for the help

generally if you pc is this slow on executing application, remove appl
at startup in msgconfig so the less appl is at startup the faster
desktop and appl will run and open. you might also have to run
spywarekillers, crap killer and virus check, once you have those appl
running in back ground make it scan and dl updates automatic on a daily
basis so you will have much less in crap in you pc and will go faster.