Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What Tool(s) Do I Need To Open A .pps and a .dat attachment/file?

What Tool(s) Do I Need To Open A .pps and a .dat attachment/file?

Ron

What do I need in order to open these type of files (.pps .dat)

When I click on a .pps file my Adobe reader opens, of course it can't
open the .pps file but should the Adobe reader be opening/activating at
all when I click on this type of file?

When I click on the .dat file it brings up my tools so I can pick what
to use but I don't have or know what I need.

Capt. KillaHo

ummm notepad?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Capt.*KillaHo) wrote:

>ummm notepad?

These are pictures that were sent to me.

bambam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Ron) wrote in news:28182-430F6C4A-398@storefull-
3118.bay.webtv.net:

> What do I need in order to open these type of files (.pps .dat)
>
> When I click on a .pps file my Adobe reader opens, of course it can't
> open the .pps file but should the Adobe reader be opening/activating at
> all when I click on this type of file?
>
> When I click on the .dat file it brings up my tools so I can pick what
> to use but I don't have or know what I need.

The .pps is most likely a MS PowerPoint slide show, to view this you need
the viewer from MS, if you don't have MS Office that is -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...428D5727-43AB-
4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

or

http://shorl.com/bepusydinuly

The .dat file on the other hand can be just about anything -

http://filext.com/detaillist.php?ext...at&goButton=Go

BigELilE05@msn.com

bambam wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Ron) wrote in news:28182-430F6C4A-398@storefull-
> 3118.bay.webtv.net:
>
> > What do I need in order to open these type of files (.pps .dat)
> >
> > When I click on a .pps file my Adobe reader opens, of course it can't
> > open the .pps file but should the Adobe reader be opening/activating at
> > all when I click on this type of file?
> >
> > When I click on the .dat file it brings up my tools so I can pick what
> > to use but I don't have or know what I need.

> The .pps is most likely a MS PowerPoint slide show, to view this you need
> the viewer from MS, if you don't have MS Office that is -
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...428D5727-43AB-
> 4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en
>

> or
>
> http://shorl.com/bepusydinuly
>
> The .dat file on the other hand can be just about anything -
>
> http://filext.com/detaillist.php?ext...at&goButton=Go

Thanks that's what I needed!

The damn Adobe reader still pops up for some reason!

So,I have to open the file manually....No biggie.

Also, if you are interested in some AWESOME Space Shuttle pics from the
last flight, e-mail me at THIS address and I'll send the file to ya.

It's a slide show with about 50 pictures, including pics from the
camera that was mounted on the OUTSIDE of the Shuttle.

Thanks,
Ron

Gabbyguy

>The damn Adobe reader still pops up for some reason!
Change the association for the file.

Wake Up America