Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > failed internal sound card. Usb sound cards any good?

failed internal sound card. Usb sound cards any good?

Gary Glencross

Hi,

First one channel of my Time laptop sound card failed months ago and now the
other one has failed.. Funny enough the mic.input is still working, just
can't play it through the laptop. I'm assuming the onboard sound card has
given up the ghost.

I'm considering buying a cheapo usb sound card. Looks like a dongle about an
inch or two long with a headphone/speaker socket and a mic one. Are these
any good?

Thanks in advance.

Gary