Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CD-Rom opening/closing constantly

CD-Rom opening/closing constantly

gregrjones@yahoo.com

I just bought and installed a new Dynex cd-rom drive in a computer
system that I'm building.

When I boot up, the computer is constantly opening and closing the
cd-rom until I insert a cd.

I have the cd-rom set as the second boot device. The first is the hard
drive.

What could be causing this?

After I place my Windows CD in the cd-rom it stops opening and closing.
After the initial post, I get a line on the screen that reads something
like: "Reading ATAP CD Rom:" or something like that.

I can't enter a drive letter or anything else from the keyboard at this
point to try and read what is on the cd-rom.

Any suggestions?

Brian

Have you tried installing a different CD rom drive to see if its the drive?
If you have the same issue then its a problem with the Bios settings

Capt. KillaHo

Scan ur puter for a virus
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...