Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > AVI Question

AVI Question

Gabbyguy

Is there a way to join two, or more, AVI files into one?

Thanx in advance.

-----------------------
Wake Up America

me

i think VirtualDub may do this,I saw it mentioned,although I havent used it
personally. Just an idea which may or may not work !!

"Gabbyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshsMe.7725$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Is there a way to join two, or more, AVI files into one?
>
> Thanx in advance.
>

> -----------------------
> Wake Up America

Gabbyguy

Thanx Me, I'll see if I can find the program.

------------------------
Wake Up America

Fakename

The short answer: Yes. The long answer: it depends, how much work do
you want to put into it.

If they're the same codec, resolution, frame rate, audio specs, etc...
then joining should be easy. If not it gets a lot harder, and too
complicated for me to explain right now.

Gabbyguy wrote:
> Is there a way to join two, or more, AVI files into one?
>
> Thanx in advance.
>

> -----------------------
> Wake Up America

Devi

"Gabbyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshsMe.7725$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Is there a way to join two, or more, AVI files into one?
>
> Thanx in advance.

Any film editing software will do this (Studio etc,) If you want the whole
films just pull each down into the edit section then render it as a new AVI

Donald McTrevor

"Gabbyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshsMe.7725$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Is there a way to join two, or more, AVI files into one?
>
> Thanx in advance.

Yes piece of ****.
Convert files into mpegs (TMPGEnc) then use any mpeg
joiner.
Oh, and the you might want to convert them back into avi's again.
But then again you are probably mot that stupid (I hope).

> -----------------------
> Wake Up America

Gabbyguy

Thanx to all who have advised me. I found a great program
at BoilSoft.com.

------------------------
Wake Up America

Donald McTrevor

"Gabbyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news%7Ne.9484$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Thanx to all who have advised me. I found a great program
> at BoilSoft.com.

Yes but its not free.
My method is.

> ------------------------
> Wake Up America

Secret Squiddle

"Gabbyguy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newshsMe.7725$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Is there a way to join two, or more, AVI files into one?
>
> Thanx in advance.

If you have Windows XP - then Windows Movie will do it. (it's already there
as part of XP)

**SS**

Fakename

Not exactly. It re-encodes the video into .wmv format. And with any
conversion you get quality loss.