Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hard Drive Question?

Hard Drive Question?

Stan

I am going to donate some cpu's and need to know how to clear the hard
drives of all of my business information.
Tkanks
Stan

Plato

Stan wrote:

> I am going to donate some cpu's and need to know how to clear the hard
> drives of all of my business information.
> Tkanks
> Stan

use a zero fill program.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Fakename

You could have suggested one for him to try.

Try Darik's Boot and Nuke

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

"Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot floppy that
securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically
and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect,
which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data
destruction."

Never tried it but I use autoclave and it's recommended by those guys.

Plato wrote:
> Stan wrote:
>
>>I am going to donate some cpu's and need to know how to clear the hard
>>drives of all of my business information.
>>Tkanks
>>Stan

> use a zero fill program.

WebWalker

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:19:40 GMT, Fakename <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You could have suggested one for him to try.

The original poster can download the zero fill utility (some time
refer as low level format) from the hard disk maker site for free.

--
WebWalker

nos1eep

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:43:44 +0800, WebWalker
<(E-Mail Removed)> spewed the following drivel:

>On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:19:40 GMT, Fakename <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>You could have suggested one for him to try.

>The original poster can download the zero fill utility (some time
>refer as low level format) from the hard disk maker site for free.

Dude! Just spit it out! Use KillDisk
http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm
__

-nos1eep