Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Video Card Question / GeForce FX 5500

Video Card Question / GeForce FX 5500

me

I'm looking at getting rid of my old 128mb 4X ATI card for an 8X one with
the nVidia FX5500 chip and 256mb on board.(I have 8X AGP mobo) What I want
to know is,considering there are several different brands with the same
chip,would it really matter which brand of card i get? They all look
basically the same apart from the colour,and the description of each dosen't
vary either.
From the list in the link below,I think I would go for the actual nVidia
card.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...x=3&image1.y=5

What do you think?
cheers

The One

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm looking at getting rid of my old 128mb 4X ATI card for an 8X one with
> the nVidia FX5500 chip and 256mb on board.(I have 8X AGP mobo) What I want
> to know is,considering there are several different brands with the same
> chip,would it really matter which brand of card i get? They all look
> basically the same apart from the colour,and the description of each

dosen't
> vary either.
> From the list in the link below,I think I would go for the actual nVidia
> card.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...x=3&image1.y=5

> What do you think?
> cheers

Firstly why go for a 5500 when that itself is a old chip and wouldn't run
anything fairly new in the way of games. I dont know what the going rate of
a 5500 is but id certainly think of getting at least a 6600gt.

Going back to the card makes, there is suttle differences in performance
from manufacturer to manufacturer but nothing to get in a twist over unless
it comes overclocked. Usually XFX cards are the best though it doesnt really
matter to much.