Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CD Pics onto DVD Player

CD Pics onto DVD Player

Hurricane1000

How can I get pictures I download onto a CD to play in my home DVD
player? Thanks.

Fakename

Good cd burining software will have options for this. VCD will be the
most compatible.

Hurricane1000 wrote:
> How can I get pictures I download onto a CD to play in my home DVD
> player? Thanks.

Gold Key Technology Solutions

Some DVD players are already compatible with JPEG file formats, and
some are not.

I would look at the manufacturers website and see if you can find any
information there.

The Video CD idea is another option, but requires one more step.

Fakename

True. But, if you're making it for someone else, like your mother
etc... vcd is going to the the most compatible option. So unless you
know the target machine is capable of reading jpg's then you should make
a vcd.

I wouldn't use vcd for general storage though as there is a file loss
during conversion. vcd is an old format that works at what is now
considered a "low" quality (320x240).