Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Anti Virus help

Anti Virus help

MIKE COAD

Hi,

My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
replace it with the free AVG software.

Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti Virus or
should I delete Norton and then install AVG?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Micosev

Fakename

Never try to have more than 1 anti-virus program installed at the same
time.

MIKE COAD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
> replace it with the free AVG software.
>
> Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti Virus or
> should I delete Norton and then install AVG?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Micosev

Plato

MIKE COAD wrote:

> My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
> replace it with the free AVG software.
>
> Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti Virus or
> should I delete Norton and then install AVG?

Uninstall Norton, reboot, then install the new app.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Capt. KillaHo

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:42f70459$0$37152$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MIKE COAD wrote:
> >
> > My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
> > replace it with the free AVG software.
> >
> > Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti

Virus or
> > should I delete Norton and then install AVG?

> Uninstall Norton, reboot, then install the new app.
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Also check out Avast, which is aonther free Anti-Virus.

Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

MIKE COAD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My subscription to Norton Anti Virus is about to run out and I wish to
> replace it with the free AVG software.
>
> Should I install the AVG software first before deleting Norton Anti Virus or
> should I delete Norton and then install AVG?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Micosev

Or, You could continue to download the Norton Anti Virus definitions
updates manually from the Symantec site
http://securityresponse.symantec.com....download.html
and install the updates manually (intelligent updater), almost
forever.
If your purchase of NAV came with a one year live update subscription,
supposedly you can uninstall NAV (Comletely!! Need to clean up
all traces of the current NAV from the Registry etc.)
and then do a fresh installation from the CD.
Supposedly that gives you a fresh subscription.
This question/problem keeps getting discussed every so often
in symantec.customerservice.general

How good, timely, etc. are the AVG anti virus definitions updates?