Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dead PC

Dead PC

Matt Wiggins

I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new power
supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't
help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ever thought of checking if there is any shorts circuits cause if you had
one you motherboard might have been affected, or might be just the
connection power supply goes in that might be defect. im no electrician
expert but you never know.
"Matt Wiggins" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
%EBEe.3771$U%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
>power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new
>power supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that
>didn't help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on
>when the machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
> Thanks

pcbutts1

Matt Wiggins, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died.

Cool, get me an older diminsion 2100 which has recently died.

> When I push the power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights,
> etc.) I tried a new power supply but that did not help.

Sorry I can't help.

> Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't help.

You've never been to Phoenix?

> I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
> machine is plugged up (power)

Can't help you there. I do not like computers much.

> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You whore.

> Thanks.

Thanks a lot for telling me.

Mark Mandell

"Matt Wiggins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%EBEe.3771$U%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
>power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new
>power supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that
>didn't help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on
>when the machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Check for leaking or bulging capacitors on the mobo as well as any screws
under it that could short it out. Otherwise, I'd suspect the mobo itself.

Steve

"Matt Wiggins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%EBEe.3771$U%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died. When I push the
>power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights, etc.) I tried a new
>power supply but that did not help. Also, I bypassed the switch, and that
>didn't help. I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on
>when the machine is plugged up (power). Any ideas would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
> Thanks

When you put the new PSU in did you use a Dell? If not then you fried it for
sure. Dell uses a proprietary PSU... the plug looks the same but the pin
arrangment is different.

Matthias Streulens

your processor I think is died.
(Or your full mainboard)

--

Graag uw bericht,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
> Matt Wiggins, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have an older Diminsion 2100 which has recently died.

> Cool, get me an older diminsion 2100 which has recently died.
>
>> When I push the power switch, nothing happens (no fans, no lights,
>> etc.) I tried a new power supply but that did not help.

> Sorry I can't help.
>
>> Also, I bypassed the switch, and that didn't help.

> You've never been to Phoenix?
>
>> I do notice a small light on the motherboard which comes on when the
>> machine is plugged up (power)

> Can't help you there. I do not like computers much.
>
>> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

> You whore.
>
>> Thanks.

> Thanks a lot for telling me.

Dead TCP/IP Stack = DEAD VISTA !! Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 15 09-23-2007 07:54 PM
AdBlock Dead Firefox 3 12-09-2005 11:54 PM
Dead Firefox windows Doug Cunningly Firefox 3 07-22-2005 08:32 AM
Firefox cache glitch - the dead rise again! Jim Firefox 1 03-22-2005 09:48 PM
Dead... the damn thing's dead... David Dean Computer Support 9 01-30-2004 02:54 AM

Advertisments