Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > crashing

crashing

Looney Tunes

i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram the
computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be appeciated
thanks in advance

Fakename

Try switching out the RAM. If you've got more than 1 stick, attempt to
isolate the broken one.

Looney Tunes wrote:
> i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram the
> computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
> process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be appeciated
> thanks in advance

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger

"Fakename" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Try switching out the RAM. If you've got more than 1 stick, attempt to
> isolate the broken one.
>
> Looney Tunes wrote:
> > i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram

the
> > computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
> > process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be

appeciated
> > thanks in advance

If it was dodgy ram an error message would appear before and after a crash.
If this is not happening then it may be the program you are running.

JTJersey

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:37:27 +0000, Looney Tunes wrote:

> i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram the
> computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
> process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be appeciated
> thanks in advance

What kind of a PC and operating system are you using?
--
Registered Linux User #267152

Fakename

Not neccessarily. I've seen, first hand, problems with RAM that didn't
produce any error messages of any kind.

Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger wrote:
> "Fakename" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>Try switching out the RAM. If you've got more than 1 stick, attempt to
>>isolate the broken one.
>>
>>Looney Tunes wrote:
>>
>>>i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram

> the
>
>>>computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
>>>process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be

> appeciated
>
>>>thanks in advance
>>>

> If it was dodgy ram an error message would appear before and after a crash.
> If this is not happening then it may be the program you are running.

JANA

I have had a defective RAM cause the effect that your computer has. I have
also seen a defective mother board also cause this.

--

JANA
_____

"Looney Tunes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dbp837$4b8$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
i have a pc and when i seem to do anything that would take a lot of ram the
computer just crashes as if switched of at the power supply (ie batch
process in photoshop or running negative scanner) any help wll be appeciated
thanks in advance

Firefox crashing - safe mode? Z Firefox 2 02-15-2005 08:37 PM
FireFox Crashing Joe Jance Firefox 2 06-19-2004 10:20 AM
Random links crashing Mozilla Leif K-Brooks Firefox 0 12-22-2003 06:13 PM
Mac 1.5RC2 download crashing issues sport0boy@netscape.net Firefox 4 10-14-2003 08:20 PM
SICK of Mizilla crashing Thomas Curmudgeon Firefox 4 09-29-2003 12:28 AM

Advertisments