Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > streaming mp3

streaming mp3

xungo

hi,

when i click to download an mp3 from any webpage the browser starts
streaming with quicktime! checked file associations etc but appear to be ok,
is annoying as i can straight download from these pages on other machines
without involving streaming - how do i disable this streaming feature? tried
uninstalling quicktime but brower just just ruest the the quicktime plugin.
strange.

thanks for any help

supersonic

this happens sometimes when a music stream is played by default from the
server it self, you pc file association has nothing to do with it. some
times a webpage with music stream can either be played automatically or by
default with win media, quicktime etc, without asking you in prior with wich
player you want to play it. what you can do is right click on the stream
link, save the link/file on a folder , when you right click again on the
file select : open with.. and play it manually with the player you want.
"xungo" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
dbea6e$g2o$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> hi,
>
> when i click to download an mp3 from any webpage the browser starts
> streaming with quicktime! checked file associations etc but appear to be
> ok, is annoying as i can straight download from these pages on other
> machines without involving streaming - how do i disable this streaming
> feature? tried uninstalling quicktime but brower just just ruest the the
> quicktime plugin. strange.
>
> thanks for any help

Fakename

Check the quick time applet in the control panel. Changing it there
might fix your problem. The explanation is complicated but let's just
say your browser looks at an mp3 stream differently than a file on your
hd, therefore making the file association in windows explorer irrelavent.

xungo wrote:
> hi,
>
> when i click to download an mp3 from any webpage the browser starts
> streaming with quicktime! checked file associations etc but appear to be ok,
> is annoying as i can straight download from these pages on other machines
> without involving streaming - how do i disable this streaming feature? tried
> uninstalling quicktime but brower just just ruest the the quicktime plugin.
> strange.
>
> thanks for any help

xungo

thanks for the help, as yet unfortunately still been unable to resolve this
though! which setting should I be changing/checking under quicktime icon
in control panel?
this also only seems to happen on machine with xp home as os, i'm sure this
shouldn't really make nay differnce though.

thanks

streaming mp3 the idiot HTML 7 07-02-2005 12:11 AM
Converting streaming audio to MP3 files. Alasdair Baxter Computer Support 4 05-08-2005 01:49 PM
Streaming MP3 Audio Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. HTML 13 11-02-2003 12:02 AM

Advertisments