Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe random freezes

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe random freezes

Nocturnal

My system is as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe BIOSES: 1008, 1011, 1012-003 beta

CPU: AMD 64 3200+ Winchester

Memory: 2x512MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200

Hard Drive 1: 74GB Western Digital Raptor

Hard Drive 2: 300GB Maxtor Maxline 10

PSU: Antec TrueControl 550W

Video Card: eVGA 6800GT PCI-Express

Case: Antec P160 w/1x120mm intake and 1x120mm exhaust

Plextor 716SA SATA DVDRW

My problem:

Ever since I upgraded my BIOS to 1011 final, then to 1012-003 beta, then
down to 1011 final again, then finally down to 1008, I have been
experiencing lock ups that freeze my entire computer. No BSODs or errors in
event viewer. Just freezes my computer up completely. I cannot even
ctrl-alt-del either.

When I first started experiencing these lock ups it was when I upgraded to
1011 final BIOS. It would boot into Windows and as soon as I got maybe ten
seconds into Windows it would freeze just like how it's randomly freezing.
Removing one stick of memory seemed to stabilize the system. I then
upgraded to 1012-003 beta. From there I encountered problems with my
Plextor 716SA SATA burner. So I downgraded to 1011 final again and things
seemed ok. However I started to experience the same random lock ups. I
downgraded to 1008 and still encountered the same lock up. I am now at 1006
and I am wondering what might be causing this lock up? I'm going to go out
on a limb and remove one stick of memory if my system locks up once more.

Do any of you have any other ideas as to what might be happening?

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org