Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > windows messenger

windows messenger

Jules

Hi all:

My OS is Windows XP Professional.
Whenever I start the computer or click on Outlook Express I get the Windows
Messeger saying that a new version is available. I have to click Y or N; if
I click Y, I download the upgrade as requested, if I click N the message
disappears temporarily. In any case the message will continue popping up.
All started when I wanted to subscribe to MSN messenger. Is any way to get
rid of that annoying message? Has this happened to somebody else?
Thanks in advance.

pcbutts1

**** it off. Install linux. It's worse. You'll love XP after that.

> Whenever I start the computer or click on Outlook Express I get the
> Windows Messeger saying that a new version is available.

Computers should rule the world.

> I have to click Y or N; if I click Y, I download the upgrade as
> requested, if I click N the message disappears temporarily.

Me too! Why, it was only yesterday that I had to click y or n; if you click
y.

> In any case the message will continue popping up.

I'm not surprised that you're not interested in a logical discussion.

> All started when I wanted to subscribe to MSN messenger.

You meet such interesting people on messenger.

> Is any way to get rid of that annoying message?

Lamebrained.

> Has this happened to somebody else?

You seem to be demonstrating increasingly nutty behavior.

> Thanks in advance.

Get ****ed in advance.

Brian

You could go to the Windows Messenger settings and turn off the option to
load Windows messenger at startup. The message is popping up because there
is an update available and it checks when loaded. Try downloading and
installing the update if you don't want to remove the startup option.

Jules

I downloaded the new version, then I got 2 windows messengers and the old
one was still asking for the new vesion. I went to the settingns as you said
and remove the old version from the startup. Finally I got rid of that nasty
message. I am not sure if I still have 2 windows messengers, but the problem
is solved. Thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...