Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > cpu running temperature

cpu running temperature

therebel

what could be considered a healthy operating temperature for a cpu, my
system has a AMD Athlon XP 2000 1.67 ghz in pc health check it says it is
54 degrees C . something smells warm.
thanks. the rebelmc.

chuckieŽ

Sounds high to me, for comparison, I have an AMD 64/3000 that runs 25-27°
C....luck...

"therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3hWwe.24816$(E-Mail Removed)...
> what could be considered a healthy operating temperature for a cpu, my
> system has a AMD Athlon XP 2000 1.67 ghz in pc health check it says it

is
> 54 degrees C . something smells warm.
> thanks. the rebelmc.

Fakename

You're still ok at that temp but I don't think it should be running
quite that hot. Could be several different things causing it. Here's a
list of some of them:

1: Is the CPU fan working properly?
2: Is the CPU fan seated/installed correctly?
3: Is the thermal gel installed correctly?
4: Does the case have adequate fanning and air flow?

I advise you to start by checking these things.

therebel wrote:
> what could be considered a healthy operating temperature for a cpu, my
> system has a AMD Athlon XP 2000 1.67 ghz in pc health check it says it is
> 54 degrees C . something smells warm.
> thanks. the rebelmc.

CPU Temperature is 77 Deg Celsius Is it okay Ockerr Computer Support 12 12-28-2004 06:39 AM
CPU temperature 10_4 Computer Support 8 11-15-2004 06:01 AM
CPU Temperature Reading - SiSandra and similar Allan Computer Support 11 08-28-2004 06:29 PM
Software to put CPU temperature on task bar Bill Dobbs Computer Support 3 08-23-2003 03:52 AM
CPU Temperature Monitoring? John Computer Support 2 08-21-2003 08:41 PM

Advertisments