Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > how to do ata raid on asrock k7s8x?

how to do ata raid on asrock k7s8x?

Jørn Thostrup

I am able to configure the raid (EIO DM8401R ATA133 PCI card), to press F6
and install the raid driver, but when the windows XP pro SP2 installation
restarts the first time the system does not see any raid drive and boots
from CDROM (which is the only other drive installed).
Is there any settings in BIOS that I have missed or what?

hex_a_gon_2000 hex_a_gon_2000 is offline
Junior Member

you need to go into the bios and set it to boot from "SCSI". BTW, how did you manage to get pass the driver installation during WIN XP installation.

I manage to press F6 and install the driver during the initial stage, after that when it started to prepare a list of files to be copy to windows, it asked for the driver disk of EIO again. When i insert into it, it just wouldn't copy, saying that the disk is not available even though it is in the floppy drive. I have tried downloading the latest floppy driver from Innovision website as well as changing another floppy disk but still to no available.
Any advice?