Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: ADSL line keeps dropping :-(

Re: ADSL line keeps dropping :-(

pcbutts1

Get dial up its more reliable. Install SP2 or could be Spyware trying to
hijack you. Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

"MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:d9ep79$msk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
> My ADSL line keeps droping the speedtouch diagnostics shows the line
> has gone and after 5 seconds to 5 mins comes back and theni can
> reconnect my bt yahoo! adsl connection, anyone know why this keeps
> happening Bt yahoo have seem to done nothing and dont want to reply
> as far as i know i sent 1st message on the contact us in bt yahoo
> help 4-5 days ago no reply...... Thanks for any help anyone can
> give me

MATTHEW COX

i use mcafee virus scan, mcafee firewall plus, mcafee antispy, ms sntispy,
spy-bot s&sd, ad-aware plus, have sp2 and all updates, problem only occured
about 5-6 days ago and go a little worse each day checked drivers and
updated to latest tried different usb port for adsl modem tried another rj11
cable tried looking for driver conflicts cant think of anythign else i have
done..... but bt yahoo! dont seem to want to reply or something...... i had
dial-up once and it was soo **** it lost connection all the time....... had
ADSL allmost 2 years now and appart from when our phoneline was replaced
about 6 months ago its been fine.......

Any Help Much Appreciated,

Matthew Cox

> Get dial up its more reliable. Install SP2 or could be Spyware trying to
> hijack you. Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
> save
> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
> it can be analyzed.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>

> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d9ep79$msk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
>> My ADSL line keeps droping the speedtouch diagnostics shows the line
>> has gone and after 5 seconds to 5 mins comes back and theni can
>> reconnect my bt yahoo! adsl connection, anyone know why this keeps
>> happening Bt yahoo have seem to done nothing and dont want to reply
>> as far as i know i sent 1st message on the contact us in bt yahoo
>> help 4-5 days ago no reply...... Thanks for any help anyone can
>> give me

pcbutts1

Get wireless then. It's always there. You just can't see it.

"MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:d9eq19$5ns$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
> i use mcafee virus scan, mcafee firewall plus, mcafee antispy, ms
> sntispy, spy-bot s&sd, ad-aware plus, have sp2 and all updates,
> problem only occured about 5-6 days ago and go a little worse each
> day checked drivers and updated to latest tried different usb port
> for adsl modem tried another rj11 cable tried looking for driver
> conflicts cant think of anythign else i have done..... but bt yahoo!
> dont seem to want to reply or something...... i had dial-up once and
> it was soo **** it lost connection all the time....... had ADSL
> allmost 2 years now and appart from when our phoneline was replaced
> about 6 months ago its been fine.......
> Any Help Much Appreciated,
>
> Matthew Cox
>
> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Get dial up its more reliable. Install SP2 or could be Spyware
>> trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all of the
>> following. Ad-Aware
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>>
>> Spybot search and destroy
>> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>>
>> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
>>
>> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
>> it, save
>> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group
>> so that it can be analyzed.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>>

>> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:d9ep79$msk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
>>> My ADSL line keeps droping the speedtouch diagnostics shows the line
>>> has gone and after 5 seconds to 5 mins comes back and theni can
>>> reconnect my bt yahoo! adsl connection, anyone know why this keeps
>>> happening Bt yahoo have seem to done nothing and dont want to reply
>>> as far as i know i sent 1st message on the contact us in bt yahoo
>>> help 4-5 days ago no reply...... Thanks for any help anyone can
>>> give me

MATTHEW COX

nothing to do with my equipment tried 3 pc's now and laptop and 3 adsl
modems of which 1 i borrowed and 2 of my own..... gunna phone them soon
again and if busy still i am gunna change service tosomething like shitty
aol....., or wanado, who knows just who knows.......

> Get wireless then. It's always there. You just can't see it.
>
> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d9eq19$5ns$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
>> i use mcafee virus scan, mcafee firewall plus, mcafee antispy, ms
>> sntispy, spy-bot s&sd, ad-aware plus, have sp2 and all updates,
>> problem only occured about 5-6 days ago and go a little worse each
>> day checked drivers and updated to latest tried different usb port
>> for adsl modem tried another rj11 cable tried looking for driver
>> conflicts cant think of anythign else i have done..... but bt yahoo!
>> dont seem to want to reply or something...... i had dial-up once and
>> it was soo **** it lost connection all the time....... had ADSL
>> allmost 2 years now and appart from when our phoneline was replaced
>> about 6 months ago its been fine.......
>> Any Help Much Appreciated,
>>
>> Matthew Cox
>>
>> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Get dial up its more reliable. Install SP2 or could be Spyware
>>> trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all of the
>>> following. Ad-Aware
>>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>>>
>>> Spybot search and destroy
>>> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>>>
>>> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
>>>
>>> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
>>> it, save
>>> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group
>>> so that it can be analyzed.
>>>
>>> HijackThis
>>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>>>

>>> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:d9ep79$msk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com

bejay

> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d9ep79$msk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
>> My ADSL line keeps droping the speedtouch diagnostics shows the line
>> has gone and after 5 seconds to 5 mins comes back and theni can
>> reconnect my bt yahoo! adsl connection, anyone know why this keeps
>> happening Bt yahoo have seem to done nothing and dont want to reply
>> as far as i know i sent 1st message on the contact us in bt yahoo
>> help 4-5 days ago no reply...... Thanks for any help anyone can
>> give me

Have you tried a new ADSL filter(s) on the phone line(s)? A faulty one can
cause intermittent drop outs of the connection.

bejay

pcbutts1

You worthless troll, stop forging me!

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Get dial up its more reliable. Install SP2 or could be Spyware trying
> to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
> it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the
> group so that it can be analyzed.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>

> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d9ep79$msk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
>> My ADSL line keeps droping the speedtouch diagnostics shows the line
>> has gone and after 5 seconds to 5 mins comes back and theni can
>> reconnect my bt yahoo! adsl connection, anyone know why this keeps
>> happening Bt yahoo have seem to done nothing and dont want to reply
>> as far as i know i sent 1st message on the contact us in bt yahoo
>> help 4-5 days ago no reply...... Thanks for any help anyone can
>> give me

Phillip Parr

I had a similar problem as this, although when I was on cable. You say your
phone line was replaced 6 months ago? hasn't been in the heat yet then. The
problem I had was the local exchange was in the sunlight and kept
overheating so it turned a few connections off to cool down (so I was told).
Unfortunatly it kept picking me. Eventually they replaced a nice big circuit
board inside (worth more than the yearly subscription of everyone that was
connected to it, so I was also told). That did the job. So maybe something's
overheating, be it the exchange, your phone line or your modem. But then
again, maybe it's not.

"MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d9erm2$rc$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> nothing to do with my equipment tried 3 pc's now and laptop and 3 adsl
> modems of which 1 i borrowed and 2 of my own..... gunna phone them soon
> again and if busy still i am gunna change service tosomething like shitty
> aol....., or wanado, who knows just who knows.......
>
> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Get wireless then. It's always there. You just can't see it.
>>
>> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:d9eq19$5ns$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com
>>> i use mcafee virus scan, mcafee firewall plus, mcafee antispy, ms
>>> sntispy, spy-bot s&sd, ad-aware plus, have sp2 and all updates,
>>> problem only occured about 5-6 days ago and go a little worse each
>>> day checked drivers and updated to latest tried different usb port
>>> for adsl modem tried another rj11 cable tried looking for driver
>>> conflicts cant think of anythign else i have done..... but bt yahoo!
>>> dont seem to want to reply or something...... i had dial-up once and
>>> it was soo **** it lost connection all the time....... had ADSL
>>> allmost 2 years now and appart from when our phoneline was replaced
>>> about 6 months ago its been fine.......
>>> Any Help Much Appreciated,
>>>
>>> Matthew Cox
>>>
>>> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

pcbutts1

Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all
of the following.

Ad-Aware

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

The moron

Phillip Parr wrote:
> I had a similar problem as this, although when I was on cable. You
> say your phone line was replaced 6 months ago? hasn't been in the
> heat yet then. The problem I had was the local exchange was in the
> sunlight and kept overheating so it turned a few connections off to
> cool down (so I was told). Unfortunatly it kept picking me.
> Eventually they replaced a nice big circuit board inside (worth more
> than the yearly subscription of everyone that was connected to it, so
> I was also told). That did the job. So maybe something's overheating,
> be it the exchange, your phone line or your modem. But then again,
> maybe it's not.
> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d9erm2$rc$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> nothing to do with my equipment tried 3 pc's now and laptop and 3
>> adsl modems of which 1 i borrowed and 2 of my own..... gunna phone
>> them soon again and if busy still i am gunna change service
>> tosomething like shitty aol....., or wanado, who knows just who
>> knows....... "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>>> Get wireless then. It's always there. You just can't see it.
>>>
>>> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:d9eq19$5ns$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com

pcbutts1

Phillip Parr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I had a similar problem as this, although when I was on cable. You
> say your phone line was replaced 6 months ago? hasn't been in the
> heat yet then.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

> The problem I had was the local exchange was in the
> sunlight and kept overheating so it turned a few connections off to
> cool down (so I was told). Unfortunatly it kept picking me.
> Eventually they replaced a nice big circuit board inside (worth more
> than the yearly subscription of everyone that was connected to it, so
> I was also told). That did the job. So maybe something's overheating,
> be it the exchange, your phone line or your modem. But then again,
> maybe it's not.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, maybe not. The OP is in Saudi Arabia, you stupid
****.

> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:d9erm2$rc$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>> nothing to do with my equipment tried 3 pc's now and laptop and 3
>> adsl modems of which 1 i borrowed and 2 of my own..... gunna phone
>> them soon again and if busy still i am gunna change service
>> tosomething like shitty aol....., or wanado, who knows just who
>> knows....... "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>>> Get wireless then. It's always there. You just can't see it.
>>>
>>> "MATTHEW COX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message news:d9eq19$5ns$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com

Phillip Parr

> Phillip Parr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I had a similar problem as this, although when I was on cable. You
>> say your phone line was replaced 6 months ago? hasn't been in the
>> heat yet then.

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
>> The problem I had was the local exchange was in the
>> sunlight and kept overheating so it turned a few connections off to
>> cool down (so I was told). Unfortunatly it kept picking me.
>> Eventually they replaced a nice big circuit board inside (worth more
>> than the yearly subscription of everyone that was connected to it, so
>> I was also told). That did the job. So maybe something's overheating,
>> be it the exchange, your phone line or your modem. But then again,
>> maybe it's not.

> BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, maybe not. The OP is in Saudi Arabia, you stupid
> ****.

Although I'm not sure what you mean by OP any equiptment in England (and I
assume he's in england since he has bt yahoo) is subject to the heat. And
there's simply no need for such derogatory remarks. The purpose of a
newsgroup is to offer information not be a complete and total ****. Get a
life.