Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot get rid of original wireless hardware settings

Cannot get rid of original wireless hardware settings

Kaz

I set up my laptop with a Linksys card, decided to try a Buffalo card since
I can use an external antenna with it. Connects to most things, except at
work where they are using certificates. Once I put Linksys back in
everything works fine. No matter how I "uninstall" the linksys drivers and
how I install the Buffalo drivers the Device settings show up as Linksys. I
think this may be the problem, but cannot get rid of the old settings.

Any suggestions, short of reformat, reinstall XP, and make the first install
the Buffalo card?

Kaz

Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows]

With the Buffalo card in the machine, go to Device Manager,
properties, update driver, choose the driver manually, have disk and
point to the correct drivers. You may have to make some choices about
replacing the current driver, etc.

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist