Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hibernation lost?

Hibernation lost?

ok

After downloading and installing an update from Dell, my computer monitor no
longer would function and I had no display.

I did a system restore back to last known good settings and everything is
fine except I've lost the standby-hibernate function on shut down.

This is a stand-alone home PC. I've gone into setup and tried to modify the
power settings but that wouldn't work because it won't let me log-on as
administrator. There is no password currently and setup is not locked but I
can't log on. I tried putting in an admin password but it still didn't
work.

Any ideas?

Win XP Home

Hibernation Shutting Off Wireless Internet? =?Utf-8?B?TlNHdWFyZDA4MDg=?= Wireless Networking 1 03-31-2005 07:17 PM
IP connection drops and needs repair after hibernation =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlSw==?= Wireless Networking 0 03-10-2005 02:09 PM
Any CONS to using Hibernation mode? lbbs Computer Support 5 01-08-2004 07:38 PM
Hibernation drvnguy Computer Support 3 12-25-2003 06:07 PM
Hibernation Problems James McSorley Computer Support 1 12-23-2003 12:36 PM

Advertisments