Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > upgrading ram

upgrading ram

Nameless Wonder

I downloaded a systems diagnostic tool and it gives me the following
information for my ram

Memory
Capacity: 512 MBytes
Location: System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity: 768 MBytes
Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MBytes
Slots: 3
Error Correction: None
Name: Physical Memory Array
Use: System memory

I can see it says I have 3 slots and it says the Maximum Capacity is 768
MBytes

Does this mean each slot can only take 768MBytes? or does it mean in total?

I want to add 512 MBytyes, does it look like it is possible?

HF

Total capacity is 768
"Nameless Wonder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42b16a85$0$2402$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I downloaded a systems diagnostic tool and it gives me the following
> information for my ram
>
> Memory
> Capacity: 512 MBytes
> Location: System board or motherboard
> Maximum Capacity: 768 MBytes
> Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MBytes
> Slots: 3
> Error Correction: None
> Name: Physical Memory Array
> Use: System memory
>
> I can see it says I have 3 slots and it says the Maximum Capacity is 768
> MBytes
>
> Does this mean each slot can only take 768MBytes? or does it mean in

total?

> I want to add 512 MBytyes, does it look like it is possible?

Leigh Knox-Ux

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:03:34 +0100, Nameless Wonder wrote:

> I downloaded a systems diagnostic tool and it gives me the following
> information for my ram
>
> Memory
> Capacity: 512 MBytes
> Location: System board or motherboard
> Maximum Capacity: 768 MBytes
> Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MBytes
> Slots: 3
> Error Correction: None
> Name: Physical Memory Array
> Use: System memory
>
> I can see it says I have 3 slots and it says the Maximum Capacity is 768
> MBytes
>
> Does this mean each slot can only take 768MBytes? or does it mean in total?
>
> I want to add 512 MBytyes, does it look like it is possible?

The above information is next to useless.

What is the brand name and model number of the computer and the
motherboard ?

This might help:
http://belarc.com/free_download.html

Wizard

"Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MBytes" sounds pretty straight forward
to me!

Nameless Wonder wrote:

> I downloaded a systems diagnostic tool and it gives me the following
> information for my ram
>
> Memory
> Capacity: 512 MBytes
> Location: System board or motherboard
> Maximum Capacity: 768 MBytes
> Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MBytes
> Slots: 3
> Error Correction: None
> Name: Physical Memory Array
> Use: System memory
>
> I can see it says I have 3 slots and it says the Maximum Capacity is 768
> MBytes
>
> Does this mean each slot can only take 768MBytes? or does it mean in total?
>
> I want to add 512 MBytyes, does it look like it is possible?

Wizard

Wizard, <(E-Mail Removed)>, the screaming, dotty horse's feedbag, and dish
washer, jabbered:

--
Thou rat without a tail. Thou equivocator.