Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > system configuration utility

system configuration utility

Morris

When I start up my computer running WinMe, a system configuration utility
window pops up. This is the message on it: "You are using the selective
startup for troubleshooting your system." What is it trying to tell me? When
I click "OK" the computer seens to run right.

Morris wrote:
> When I start up my computer running WinMe, a system configuration utility
> window pops up. This is the message on it: "You are using the selective
> startup for troubleshooting your system." What is it trying to tell me? When
> I click "OK" the computer seens to run right.

It means that someone has chosen selective start-up, meaning that
certain apps. are disabled from starting up with the operating system.
I personally use selective start up. You have two choices:

1) enter msconfig in the run box and bring up the SCU and check 'normal
start up', or

2) check 'don't show this message again' next time the window appears at
start up.

DRG

Morris

Thank you. I sahould have knowned that.