Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > email problem

email problem

E.T.

I have been having this problem with a friend of mine who can somehow
receive my emails but I cant seem to receive hers. She is using crappy ole
AOL while I use a local ISP. I was wondering if this problem could be
becuase Im using Mozzilla's Thunderbird 1.0 or if it could be my ISP simply
filtering out her messages. I remember somewhere that having "Spyware" on
your computer can cause problems such as these. She did mention to me that
a popup window constantly comes up telling her she needs new spyware
protection. I had recently had problems with the CWS spyware bug in which I
had to do a clean install and started using Mozzilla's firefox and
thunderbird. Could her problem be similar? Appreciate any advice

Ed

drg

Be sure that mozilla is not filtering her as junk mail. Go to
tools-junk mail control and set your options. also, check your message
filters.

I hate aol.

DRG

E.T. wrote:
> I have been having this problem with a friend of mine who can somehow
> receive my emails but I cant seem to receive hers. She is using crappy ole
> AOL while I use a local ISP. I was wondering if this problem could be
> becuase Im using Mozzilla's Thunderbird 1.0 or if it could be my ISP simply
> filtering out her messages. I remember somewhere that having "Spyware" on
> your computer can cause problems such as these. She did mention to me that
> a popup window constantly comes up telling her she needs new spyware
> protection. I had recently had problems with the CWS spyware bug in which I
> had to do a clean install and started using Mozzilla's firefox and
> thunderbird. Could her problem be similar? Appreciate any advice
>
> Ed

Oldus Fartus

E.T. wrote:
> I have been having this problem with a friend of mine who can somehow
> receive my emails but I cant seem to receive hers. She is using crappy ole
> AOL while I use a local ISP. I was wondering if this problem could be
> becuase Im using Mozzilla's Thunderbird 1.0 or if it could be my ISP simply
> filtering out her messages. I remember somewhere that having "Spyware" on
> your computer can cause problems such as these. She did mention to me that
> a popup window constantly comes up telling her she needs new spyware
> protection. I had recently had problems with the CWS spyware bug in which I
> had to do a clean install and started using Mozzilla's firefox and
> thunderbird. Could her problem be similar? Appreciate any advice

Check that your ISP is not filtering AOL.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

me

"drg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aaLqe.2589$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Be sure that mozilla is not filtering her as junk mail. Go to tools-junk
> mail control and set your options. also, check your message filters.
>
> I hate aol.

As anyone should who has a brain !!