Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Standby/hibernate won't work

Standby/hibernate won't work

JJ

I downloaded two upgrades today at the same time, one from Dell the other
from MS. The Dell update had to do with video drivers. After I downloaded
it, followed their instructions to run, it wouldn't run. So the update was
never installed, (I think). The MS was the normal auto download upgrade.
After the MS download and rebooting for the first time for both, I lost my
display on the flat-panel. Got the error message "cannot display this video
mode". Rebooting in safe, last known good config and debugging all came up
with the same results. I could hear winxp chimes booting, but couldn't see
it.
I finally did a restore using the task manager and I have the pc working
again but I can no longer do a standby or hibernate. That option is grayed
out and I can only do turn-off or restart.
Any help and thoughts about the upgrades would be appreciated.
Thanks!