Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Home wireless network woes: Firewall trouble

Home wireless network woes: Firewall trouble

Whodat

I am having trouble with my wireless home network. I think the
problem is te firewall(s), but not sure how much I can safely do
without.
Particulars:
2 computers, both P4, Win XP Pro. Wireless router
D-Link Di-624. Both have ZoneAlarm Firewalls.
I have set up the firewalls to allow the IP addresses &
wireless surfing works great. The problem is trying to move files or
print between the two. Then, the one can't see the other unless I turn
off the firewalls on both computers. Drop the firewall, works fine.
The same happens if I try to use just the Windows FW.
The router has a firewall built in.
Questions: Is there a way to get ZA to allow me to move files
while it is on, or is this a common problem? I would think that if I
can get to the router for 'net access I would be able to get the the
files, but no. Or, should I do away with the software firewall? Do I
really need it? I like having control over what leaves and enters the
computer, but not if it means having to go turn off the firewalls on
both computers to move stuff.
Suggestions? Thanks.

Whodat

Got this taken care of. No need to reply. Thank you, anyway.