Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Approx. Computer Value?

Approx. Computer Value?

drummerboy627

I have no idea if this newsgroup is even the appropriate place to post
this, so I apologize in advance. I am selling my desktop to get a
laptop, and I was wondering if someone could tell me about how much I
should ask for my computer.

Specs:
Dell Dimension 4550
Win XP Home (SP1)
P4 2.53 GHz
3.5" Floppy Drive
16x DVD-ROM Drive
52x24x52x CD-RW Drive
250MB Zip Drive
120 GB Hard Drive
128MB ATI Radeon 9700 TX w/ S-Video, DVI, and VGA ports
17" MAG Innovision Flat-Screen CRT Monitor (not LCD flat-panel)
Onboard 10/100 Ethernet Port
Creative SB Live (Dell-Branded)
2-Piece Harmon/Kardon Speakers
11mbps 802.11b D-Link Wireless Network Card
11mbps 802.11b D-Link Wireless Access Point
10mbps 4-port network hub
Wireless KB/Mouse (Logitech)

Thank you for any help... I honestly have no idea how much this system
would be valued at now...

drummerboy627

I forgot to mention that it has 512MB of RAM

Mike

Basically, how long havya had the puter for. Wot does folk in Ur area think
of Dell Puters. I'd say that tis a package puter. Suggest U look in local
papers and C wot others R asking for theirs.

JTJersey

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:16:15 -0700, drummerboy627 wrote:

> I have no idea if this newsgroup is even the appropriate place to post
> this, so I apologize in advance. I am selling my desktop to get a
> laptop, and I was wondering if someone could tell me about how much I
> should ask for my computer.
>
> Thank you for any help... I honestly have no idea how much this system
> would be valued at now...

If you were to download the free Service Pack 2 from Microsoft and make
sure all your patches and updates are installed and the system is clean
and quick I would think that starting around $500 would be reasonable.
--
Registered Linux User #267152