Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > cpu temperature

cpu temperature

therebel

my computer keeps locking up. how can I tell if my cpu is overheating

me

"therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8Brme.321$(E-Mail Removed)...
> my computer keeps locking up. how can I tell if my cpu is overheating

Go into the BIOS and check the temp readings

therebel

temps as follows system temp 36C fan speed 2360 rpm
CPU temp 50C fan speed 4821 rpm
"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:V4zme.1412$Pp.1172@fed1read01...

> "therebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8Brme.321$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > my computer keeps locking up. how can I tell if my cpu is overheating
> >

> Go into the BIOS and check the temp readings

birdman

Try taking the side panel off the box and letting a small fan blow toward
the processor. This should cool your cpu and memory.
This will may not cure your problem.
It is very difficult to track down causes of random shutdowns. Many are due
to memory problems or video drivers.
If the shutdowns occur while playing hi end 3d games try turning the
resolution, 3-d options etc down a few notches in the game.

CPU Temperature is 77 Deg Celsius Is it okay Ockerr Computer Support 12 12-28-2004 06:39 AM
CPU temperature 10_4 Computer Support 8 11-15-2004 06:01 AM
CPU Temperature Reading - SiSandra and similar Allan Computer Support 11 08-28-2004 06:29 PM
Software to put CPU temperature on task bar Bill Dobbs Computer Support 3 08-23-2003 03:52 AM
CPU Temperature Monitoring? John Computer Support 2 08-21-2003 08:41 PM

Advertisments