Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > asa5510

asa5510

newbies

we need to set it up as internet gateway

before we use adsl modem router. we point ip to it (192.168.1.1)

now we want to setup the asa to use 192.168.1.1

and setup adsl modem as 10.0.0.1

how can we set it up?

inside 192.168.1.0/24
outside 10.0.0.1

do we need to use nat?

please help

rave

I would suggest you to run the adsl modem in bridge mode and assign the
public IP address to the outside interface of the pix via PPPoE.
you can search for PPPoE config on the cisco's site to do the same.
then of course if you wanna allow users behind the pix to go out to the
internet you need to configure nat/pat:
nat (inside) 1 0 0
global (outside) 1 interface

DNS, NAT and ASA5510 StefanoN@infotronics.com Cisco 0 05-22-2006 04:07 PM
ASA5510 and zyxel Nos Cisco 1 05-19-2006 11:40 AM
NAT and ASA5510 StefanoN@infotronics.com Cisco 1 05-18-2006 08:10 PM
Replacing pix515 with ASA5510 results into MTU problems. Sebas Cisco 2 05-15-2006 07:46 AM
VPN: Main Office ASA5510 to Remote 2811 w/ dual DSL ngqs2004@yahoo.com Cisco 0 01-25-2006 07:44 PM

Advertisments