Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Setting SDRAM timings?

Setting SDRAM timings?

Josh Randall

Hi guys! And thanks in advance for any help.........

Here's my situation: I've been trying to build this computer for 18 months.
No problems, just busy and have one that works, etc.

Anyway, it's a KT6 Delta, MSI. I've got a 2500+ Barton and PC3200 Geil
memory (512mg).

Problem? It shows up as a 1900+ CPU. Now the MB says "supports DDR 400" and
"supports FSB 400 Mhz"

I know how to access the bios, and most settings can be changed. Can anyone
here give me some mild aggressive settings so I can get some speed out of
this thing? The CPU clock is now set at 133 MHZ. Everything else is on auto.

I can find the settings, but not sure what they all mean. I can change the
FSB, dram timings, CPU ratio, etc

Many thanks!

JR

Oldus Fartus

Josh Randall wrote:
> Hi guys! And thanks in advance for any help.........
>
> Here's my situation: I've been trying to build this computer for 18 months.
> No problems, just busy and have one that works, etc.
>
> Anyway, it's a KT6 Delta, MSI. I've got a 2500+ Barton and PC3200 Geil
> memory (512mg).
>
> Problem? It shows up as a 1900+ CPU. Now the MB says "supports DDR 400" and
> "supports FSB 400 Mhz"
>
> I know how to access the bios, and most settings can be changed. Can anyone
> here give me some mild aggressive settings so I can get some speed out of
> this thing? The CPU clock is now set at 133 MHZ. Everything else is on auto.
>
> I can find the settings, but not sure what they all mean. I can change the
> FSB, dram timings, CPU ratio, etc
>
> Many thanks!
>
> JR

The Barton actually runs at 1900 Mhz.

Barton Core :

512kb of L2 Cache & 166 (333) FSB

2500+ -> 1833 mhz
2600+ -> 1917 mhz
2800+ -> 2083 mhz
3000+ -> 2167 mhz

Barton Core :

512kb of L2 Cache & 200 (400) FSB

3000+ -> 2100 mhz
3200+ -> 2200 mhz

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

DDR SDRAM Controller bxbxb3 VHDL 11 02-01-2005 08:10 PM
Refresh rate in DDR-SDRAM Raghavendra VHDL 0 01-06-2005 09:19 AM
Access to SDRAM on Altera Cyclone dev kit - compactflash controller fanf VHDL 0 12-20-2004 05:57 PM
DDR SDRAM ALuPin VHDL 6 09-03-2004 05:34 AM
DDR/SDR-SDRAM Bank Switching Doubt Abdul K Shaik VHDL 1 08-09-2003 01:31 PM

Advertisments