Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > machines in VLAN not able to access internet

machines in VLAN not able to access internet

steve_sc33

I just recently purchased a cisco 1841 router. I have a DSL line with
static IP address. I setup eth1 to connect to the DSL modem and eth0
is setup with IP 10.10.10.1 (factory default). I also configured VLAN1
to handle 192.168.1.1/24.

When I test, I can get 2 machines within VLAN1 to see ping each other
and they can also ping the static IP, 192.168.1.1. But, non of them
are able to connect to the internet. Am I missing something here?
Maybe a static route? but static route from where to where? Can
someone help?

Thanks in advance.
Steve_sc33

Wayne

"steve_sc33" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I just recently purchased a cisco 1841 router. I have a DSL line with
> static IP address. I setup eth1 to connect to the DSL modem and eth0
> is setup with IP 10.10.10.1 (factory default). I also configured VLAN1
> to handle 192.168.1.1/24.
>
> When I test, I can get 2 machines within VLAN1 to see ping each other
> and they can also ping the static IP, 192.168.1.1. But, non of them
> are able to connect to the internet. Am I missing something here?
> Maybe a static route? but static route from where to where? Can
> someone help?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Steve_sc33

Just a guess, but you didn't configure NAT? Post your config with any
public IP's and any passwords X'd out.

blackice

Do you have a default route configured?

On 19 Jul 2005 12:14:35 -0700, "steve_sc33" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just recently purchased a cisco 1841 router. I have a DSL line with
>static IP address. I setup eth1 to connect to the DSL modem and eth0
>is setup with IP 10.10.10.1 (factory default). I also configured VLAN1
>to handle 192.168.1.1/24.
>
>When I test, I can get 2 machines within VLAN1 to see ping each other
>and they can also ping the static IP, 192.168.1.1. But, non of them
>are able to connect to the internet. Am I missing something here?
>Maybe a static route? but static route from where to where? Can
>someone help?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Steve_sc33

steve_sc33

Yes, you are right, I did not configure default route. It's working
now.

Thanks
Steve_sc33