Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Power problem with PC

Power problem with PC

BJD

Can anyone tell me where to start searching for a problem with my computer?

My computer was always on. Came home the other day computer was powered
off. Press power button, nothing happen. Plug computer into a power strip,
while checking the power strip by turning off and on, the computer power up
for a second and then nothing again. So any idea why when I turn the power
strip off and back on again, and hit power on the computer, fans and power
on light start for a brief second and then shut off? Thanks in advance.

Plato

BJD wrote:

> My computer was always on. Came home the other day computer was powered
> off. Press power button, nothing happen. Plug computer into a power strip,
> while checking the power strip by turning off and on, the computer power up
> for a second and then nothing again. So any idea why when I turn the power
> strip off and back on again, and hit power on the computer, fans and power
> on light start for a brief second and then shut off? Thanks in advance.

Your power supply need replacing.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/