Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Trouble connecting in public hot spots

Trouble connecting in public hot spots

Andres Perez

I have just installed a Linksys Wireless-G 802.11g notebook card adapter and
I am unable to connect to public hot spots ( eg. in airports such as Miami
Intl.). My notebook detects the avilable network ( showing excellent signal)
but fails to connect. I s
there any configuration I need to set up? I am using my card with the
default
settings.
Rgds
Andres

Dave

ummm, perhaps you have to pay for an account first with whatever company
serves that area... then they should tell you how to connect.

"Andres Perez" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have just installed a Linksys Wireless-G 802.11g notebook card adapter

and
> I am unable to connect to public hot spots ( eg. in airports such as Miami
> Intl.). My notebook detects the avilable network ( showing excellent

signal)
> but fails to connect. I s
> there any configuration I need to set up? I am using my card with the
> default
> settings.
> Rgds
> Andres

shockwaveriderz

andres:
well there are pay for service an dfree public hotspots at places like an
airport...and yes you will need specific config information.....
use the following site to determine if its free or a paid service and the
config info:

http://intel.jiwire.com/

On that site it shows ATT Wireless as being the only Hot Spot Provider and
they charge money for a connection....

shockie B)